Pearls of the Kingdom Meditation
I am still pondering this thought around the condition of my heart. Sister Sylvia shared a few weeks ago as she made mention of the conditions of the heart with a question: “What is the condition of the heart that God is looking for?” The key here being, what is God looking for. I had 6 conditions of the heart written down in my notes.
So I find myself looking at this again. It was not given as homework but I have taken it on as homework. These are the verses that I found and will study even further.
1) Good Heart-Luke 8: 15 “And the seeds that fell on the good soil represent honest, good-hearted people who hear God’s word, cling to it, and patiently produce a huge harvest.”
2) Clean Heart- Ps 51:10 “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.”
3) Whole Heart - Ps 119:10-11 “With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!”
4) Humble Heart – Ps 51:17 “The sacrifices God desires are a humble spirit – O God, a humble and repentant heart you will not reject.”
5) Pure Heart– Matt 5:8 “God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God.”
6) Perfect Heart– 1 Chron 28:9 “And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.”
As I shared last week, I believe that God is after the condition of my heart in a good way. It is the intent of His heart to reveal the areas in my heart that have missed the mark and reveal those areas that need to change. So my aim is to have a heart that honors and pleases Him. So as David did, I have a simple prayer. A personal invitation, a request to allow Him access, to search the depths of my heart:
“Would you search me, oh God, would you look inside my heart, even into the dark areas with your light, reveal to me any areas where I have missed your mark, Help me to make the needed corrections, adjustments and changes in my heart, so that my heart will then be one that brings you honor and pleases you”